Monday, October 8, 2007

Goals become memories.

So I'm sitting in an unusually quiet library, having just taken my first Mini Exam, and I believe I may be getting a fever.

There're flyers posted around campus using words like booze, cruise, keg, party, late, night, etc., etc.

And somewhere inbetween, I'm trying to reconcile the accomplishment of actually getting through the first exam (I counted 4 emtpy seats, oh, and I think i did alright), with not only my present ill-health, but with the workload lingering just around the corner. Oh, and to add to the mix, today happens to be one of the most beautiful, clear, warm days since I arrived on this island 7 weeks ago.

Maybe I shouldn't think about how tomorrow I have an intricate dissection of the hand. And that there's still some PBL research, related to necro/azospermia, success of ICSI, the economic and psychological aspects of infertility treatment, and the ethical perspectives related to ART, that I've been putting off. Or the fact that I have lecture tomorrow morning too?

Perhaps I shouldn't jump straight into implementing the methods, strategies, and techniques I've developed over the last 5 weeks to help improve my comprehension and academic success?

Maybe I should just go buy my groceries, make some soup, and rest my stinging throat, stuffed sinuses, and thick head?

Hmmmmm, studying nonobstructive azospermia or resting and eating chicken soup? Tough choice.

I know, I'll do both. Haha, I love it!

Whoever said you have to love this plight was not wise, nor smart, but was speaking from divine inspiration. To those who support and defend people who have chosen this path, divine blessings surely grace you. And from that perspective - a goal today, a memory yesterday - all of it is love.

No comments: