Thursday, January 24, 2008

ACT II. Scene 1 - They just go 'round and 'round.

I was telling Kelly the other night that I seem to have forgotten my own advice not to expect too much from people over here... I don't think it's a novel dichotomy - that between the wonderfully pleasant and providing people, and those that just seem like they are in a careless, different world, it certainly can be documented back home. I just think the distance, perhaps, between the general standards of performance and expectation of service I'm accustomed, and the randomness of here, separates the two presentations so distinctly that I occasionally get flabbergasted. But I shouldn't dwell on the negative...

...It's been too too long since I've let loose some words here. I've been busy the last month or so, between the holidays, and wedding planning, and trips, and going back home, and coming back here, and trying to crack back into the books... you know how it goes...

And it just goes and goes and goes. School's getting more interesting with a more clinical slant to our classes, and a thicker workload. And now, with some sense of what was, ambitions begin, and the glimpses into the future embolden. But I work hard at what's in front of me... And the rest of the time I just try to sleep. Here's to Act II. Cheers!

2 comments:

kel.photography said...

Yay! You're back! :)
Now go study!
I love you...
xoxo

Yousif said...

Great