Sunday, August 12, 2007

The dining room table for anything but.

We've begun earnest preparation, with Kelly continuing to be the amazing tag-team partner that she is, for our departure to Portsmouth in 6 days. And it's not that there hasn't been serious movement in the last six weeks, but it's all beginning to congeal. The to-do list has been completely revised and rewritten in fresh, dry-erase ink!

As I was walking away from work for the last time today, I have to admit that I really thought the balloons were a nice touch, unexpected, and the card with popcorn was priceless.
Later in the evening, as I was making a supply run at Target, the cashier asked me if I cried when I left TCS.
I said "no" rather flatly.
"You wanted to," she came back quickly.
She then continued her fast, muffled conversation with the other Red-Shirt hanging around next to her, and I continued thinking about my impending adventure, weight restrictions, and how I hadn't eaten dinner yet.

1 comment:

kel said...

love your blog, boo! keep it up.
oh - and don't forget to pack that popcorn. it may be useful on day 1.